R Bar Brunch Review- Tasty and Fun

My sister and I have a huge love for brunch. I'd heard that the brunch at R Bar was amazing, so, I pulled her along to try this local favorite.Their website says that their brunch starts at 11 (I'm not 100% sure this is true though) and my sister and I gladly slept in and then went on down.

Conclusion
The brunch at R Bar is really good. I would definitely come here again for brunch. It is one of the nicer brunches around and I always love their sense of humor with their brunch menu.

Parking- R Bar doesn't have a set parking lot, so I recommend parking on the street in the neighborhood behind the restaurant.
Food allergies- N/A. No shellfish on this menu.
Gluten free- Nothing specified but it looked like there were items without gluten. I'd call ahead.

Food
We were surprised and happy to find a Halloween based menu! It made us smile and gave us quite a  bit to joke about.
The Spooky Menu for the Day


 R bar's brunch menu changes every week but it usually has the basics with a twist; they usually have a quiche, an eggs benedict, french toast and pancakes and they always have their chicken and waffles. My sister ordered the chicken and waffles which has a bacon waffle, fried chicken and a bourbon and pecan glaze. I ordered the alien eggs benny which has a biscuit, ham, poached eggs, a spooky green hollandaise and potatoes. So, my sister and I were about to leave and we decided rather last minute to order the pumpkin pancakes to go. These pancakes have housemade granola, housemade cool whip and local syrup.

Alien Eggs Benny
 I absolutely loved this dish. The biscuit was soft and salty, the ham was rich and hearty, the egg was perfectly runny and mixed well with the creamy hollandaise. Overall, this was one of the best interpretations of eggs benedicts that I've had. The potatoes were ok. They were seasoned fine but they weren't crunchy and overall didn't wow me.

Chicken and Waffles
The chicken and waffles were good but not exactly to be expected. They came well cooked. The batter was nice and crunchy and the chicken was moist. The waffle was great. The bacon added a nice salty richness that really balanced the rich and tasty bourbon pecan sauce. The issue that my sister had was the rosemary; in this dish, there is a lot of rosemary. She did not like it. I personally understood why the rosemary was there. It did help compliment the other flavors. However, there was too much. It definitely overpowered the rest of the plate, and, with the combination of the sweet bourbon sauce,  it almost gave the dish a dessert-like quality to it. We both agreed that we wouldn't order this one again.

Pumpkin Pancakes
The pumpkin pancakes had a really nice, fluffy texture. They reminded me of pumpkin pie in a good way (I normally don't like pumpkin pie). The cool whip was light, fluffy and gently flavored. The syrup was a very nice, normal syrup and the granola added crunchiness as well as a nice salty, nutty component. These were very, very good pancakes. I would definitely get these again.

Drinks
I ordered the Bloody Mary and my sister ordered the Bwahaha Mason Jar (which is a mimosa).

My Oh-So-Bloody Mary


Bloody Mary
My bloody mary was good. It had a nice acidity to it and I enjoyed the lime squeezed in. I will say that it was fairly generic. It was done well but it was a bloody mary: nothing special.

Bwahaha Mason Jar
My sister's  mimosa was again good. The orange juice was nice a fresh tasting and it was a nice drink. I will say that this is definitely a quantity over quality kind of drink. It was huge. Lets just say that I drove us home after brunch!

Service
The waitress was nice. She seemed a little busy and was not always prompt though. I honestly don't mind seat yourself places but I always get a little overwhelmed finding a place at R Bar.


Decor
I love the outside seating area at R Bar. It's always very nice. My only issue is that sometimes the heater is turned on too much and the side of my face starts scalding. 

Conclusion
The brunch at R Bar is really good. I would definitely come here again for brunch. It is one of the nicer brunches around and I always love their sense of humor with their brunch menu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Napa Flats- Bad Service, Bad Food

I created another website!

Easy, Delicious Black-eyed Pea Soup