Cafe Ole- Tasty, Fun Mexican Food

I was looking for a new restaurant to try a while back and I came across Cafe Ole. Cafe Ole is a super tasty, fun Mexican restaurant on Brookside that has amazing and comfortable outdoor seating. So, I decided to drag my friend there and try it out and, man, I was super happy that I did. I would highly recommend this place. I try to eat here as often as I can. The food is tasty, the atmosphere is fun and the service is solid.

Queso and my margarita
First, we ordered the Ole Margarita and the Classic Queso (please note that they also have a Ole Queso that is cream cheese based. We did not order this). The margarita was absolutely amazing. It was the right balance of sour and sweet. Warning- the margarita was deviously strong! The queso was creamy, thick and delicious. It was definitely on the saltier side but, other than that, it was pretty great.

Queso Relleno
I ordered the queso relleno which is a roasted poblano pepper that is filled with cheese, battered and fried. It then is served with a choice of sauces. I got it with the chile verde which is a tangy green sauce. It comes with rice, black beans and what they call sweet corn cake. Oh man this was special. The chile was very lightly fried, so, it wasn't dense or heavy. The verde sauce was tart and really helped to counter balance the fried, cheesy delicousness that was my chile relleno. I will say that the sauce was a bit on the runny side, so, it didn't coat the chile the way that I anticipated. I worked around this by cutting up the chile and dunking it in the sauce. Now, I normally don't eat the side dishes at a Mexican place but I will say that the beans were really well seasoned and the sweet corn cake was a little dry and dense but it had an amazing sweet corn flavor that I loved.

Enchiladas de Puerco
My friend ordered the enchiladas de puerco which has shredded pork, chorizo, cheese and either the chile colorado (red sauce) or the chile verde (green sauce). My friend decided on the red sauce because I ordered the chile verde. I was lucky enough to steal a bite of this and I was very glad that I did. The enchiladas were great. The pork was moist and the chorizo added a nice salty note. The sauce was a bit smoky and acidic and really vibed well with the enchiladas. Very solid dish.

Overall, Cafe Ole was amazing. I would definitely come back here. The food and drinks were amazing. Both my friend and I would order our dishes again (a true indication that we liked them). I would especially recommend this restaurant if the weather is nice and sunny. It is a great place to sit back, relax, enjoy a margarita (or three!) and have some great food.

Cafe Olé Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Napa Flats- Bad Service, Bad Food

I created another website!

Easy, Delicious Black-eyed Pea Soup