Vin 909- Absolutely a Delight

My fiancee Tom came to me one day and suggested that we go to Vin 909, a farm-to-table food and wine establishment and an Annapolis staple. After looking at the menu, I was very excited to go try this place out. Amazing food, great company (thanks Tom!), great service and a very romantic atmosphere all combined to create a perfect night.

As a warning, this restaurant is super popular (which is a good sign). Tom and I went late (7ish) on a Thursday night and we still had to wait for 15-20 minutes before getting a table. Plus, they don't take reservations here. So, get ready to wait if you want to eat here.

First and foremost, I love wine but I am not a wine person. I look at a wine menu in fear because I will most definitely pick the one wine that I won't like. So, I told the waitress what flavors I like in wines and she steered me to a wonderful choice. Plus, Tom was excited because the beer menu wasn't bad, especially considering that this is a wine bar!

Tuna Tartare
 We ordered the tuna tartar first which was sushi grade tuna, walnuts, sage, black garlic, truffle, green onion and an egg yolk. This was absolutely great. The tartar had a good texture and wasn't too fishy. The green onion, garlic and truffle flavors gave the tartar a rustic, acidic flavor that vibed well with the tuna. The walnuts added a hearty and much enjoyed crunch and the egg yolk added the most delicious richness to the tartar. I could definitely eat this all day.

The Duxelle
 We decided to order the duxelle which is a flatbread pizza with wild mushrooms, pecorino, fontina, grana padano, garlic, leeks and thyme. This is probably the most amazing flavor combination that I've had in a year or two. It is cheesy, garlicy, rich and fresh. Super combination!

Butterscotch pudding
For dessert, I saw that they had butterscotch pudding and absolutely had to try it. Fortunately, Tom went along with me! The pudding comes with carmelita points (essentially a caramel-y, nutty, soft cookie) and whipped cream. Holy smokes people. It was awesome awesome awesome. The pudding was perfectly creamy, gently sweet, and not overbearingly butterscotch-y. I love a good whipped cream and this one was awesome. I couldn't eat the carmelita points because of some food allergy concerns but Tom really enjoyed them.

Vin 909 is an amazing place. I highly recommend this as a special occasion restaurant. The wait it a bit too long to come here all the time but it is absolutely amazing and is a definite way to treat yourself and your loved ones. I am definitely looking forward to coming back here.

Vin 909 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Napa Flats- Bad Service, Bad Food

I created another website!

Easy, Delicious Black-eyed Pea Soup