Queenies- Absolutely delicious

I've always had a place in my heart for an amazing cookie. I'm a baker myself and it requires talent to knock my socks off with a pastry. Queenies delivers this and more. It has tasty breakfast and amazing pastries. I took my mom there for brunch and we were so happy that we went!

Food-
So, I ordered the tomato tart with a side of grits and my mom ordered the quiche of the day.  Her  quiche was a bacon and mushroom quiche and my tomato tart is a homemade crust filled with tomatoes, caramelized onions and cheddar cheese. 


Her quiche is on the left and my tart is on the right. Both came with a small, undressed salad. I forgot to take a picture of the grits. I was so excited for them that I ate them right away.

The quiche here is amazing. It is creamy and the crust is delectable. The bacon is not floppy at all and gives the quiche an amazing bacon flavor that doesn't overpower the quiche. The tomato tart's crust is the most amazing thing. It is like a not sweet shortbread. The rich crust goes well with the tart tomatoes. It is such a delicious and well balanced dish.

With both the quiche and the tart, the salad is actually really useful. Because both dishes are very rich, it is nice to be able to take a bite of each dish with some of the fresh greens. It helps to counterbalance both the tart and the quiche.

The grits are amazing creamy cheesiness and they are exactly what cheese grits should be.

Desserts-

We also ordered these cookies that were essentially shortbread cookies with jam in the middle. I asked and they apparently change the jam flavors around but we got raspberry. Oh my word. It was rich and the raspberry counterbalanced the buttery cookie so well. Heaven in a cookie.

A couple of weeks before this, I also got their Strawberry Cream Cake which is a butter cake with whipped cream and berries.
It was amazing. The cake was perfectly fluffy and tasty. The whipped cream was not overpoweringly sweet and the sweet and acidic berries helped to counterbalance the sweetness of the dish. Man, I thought I was good at baking but this makes me look like an amateur!

Service-
I always like the service here. They are prompt, friendly but they don't force themselves on you; they are there when you need them. For full disclosure, a good friend of mine works here, so, I may be biased but Luke agrees with my opinion about the service.

Decor-
Queenies is a really cute, small  restaurant in Utica Square. The centerpiece of the restaurant is a huge display case filled with amazing goodies. The chairs are all cute colors.

I love Queenies. It is an amazing delight for Tulsa to have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Napa Flats- Bad Service, Bad Food

I created another website!

Easy, Delicious Black-eyed Pea Soup