Hop Bunz- Good but a little confusing


 A group of friends and I decided to try Hop Bunz- a new burger place on brookside. I normally read up on new restaurants before I go there but someone other than me recommended the place. So, I really didn't know what to expect. We get into the restaurant and there is a line right in the middle of the place which is a little odd but the waitstaff was really helpful and friendly, so, it didn't feel too weird. We get in line and order and then sat down. I really like the feel of this place. It's casual and kind of industrial. It's definitely fun.

I ordered the Juicy Lucy which is a burger stuffed with cheddar so that when you bite into it, the cheese oozes out. The idea of it just makes me so hungry. It was pretty good but honestly the cheddar wasn't sharp enough, so, I couldn't even taste it. The burger was really good but it overwhelmed the oozy cheese! I'd definitely eat another burger here because they were tasty but I wouldn't order this one. The fries were tasty and well seasoned. I really enjoyed them but they are a little pricey.

My burger
One of my friends ordered the Samurai because she wanted to try the kobe beef. She kindly let me try it. My recommendation- don't waste your money. It's not better. If you want kobe beef, don't get it in a burger.


I also got a strawberry milkshake and it was creamy, yummy and delicious.

So, almost everyone that we spoke with here were super nice except for our waiter. He made us all feel really uncomfortable. I honestly wasn't sure if he was joking or being serious or making fun of us which was really too bad because everyone else was super great.

Plus, you put the tip when you order your meal. I'd assume that if you don't order anything else, you would tip the waiter Again but it made me feel weird leaving without tipping.

Overall, I'd definitely come back here especially now that I understand their system and know what to not order. It was a fun environment and it had pretty tasty food. I'd just try to avoid that one waiter.

UPDATE: I received an email saying that this restaurant is now a full service establishment. So, no more confusion. Yay!

Hop Bunz Crafted Burgers & Beer Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Napa Flats- Bad Service, Bad Food

I created another website!

Easy, Delicious Black-eyed Pea Soup