The Wild Fork brunch- horrible service, spotty food

My mom, sister and I decided to go out to brunch the other day. It was a nice day, so, we decided to go to Wild Fork because they have nice outdoor seating. We get there and were told that there was an hour wait for the outdoor seating, well, looks like we are eating inside. We wait for a while for a table  inside. The hostess that took us to our table was wearing a Very unprofessional outfit. It looked like she was at a club, not at work.

We get seated and it took a while for a waiter to get to us. There was a very large party seated behind us and I guess that he cared more about that tip than ours. When he finally came over, I ordered grapefruit juice and my mom ordered a bloody Mary.  Her bloody Mary tasted like plain old tomato juice. It was disappointing. Also, I always put just a little sugar in my grapefruit juice but there was no sugar on the table. When I asked the waiter, he brought it over but I didn't have a spoon to stir it in. So, again, I had to wait for the waiter to pull himself away from his big table to get a spoon.

Once we finally were able to order, I got the Grillades and Grits, my mom got the S.O.S and my sister got the chicken fried chicken.


My meal was not good. The sauce tasted like a wrong mix and it was too salty. Even the grits (which I normally love) were cold mush. Plus, it was $15 for three tiny pieces of pork. It's not pricey. It was a rip off.

Can you see the pork? 
My mom got the S.O.S. It was a lot better, We got the eggs over easy so that they would drip all over the bread, beef and tasty green chili. I wish I had ordered this.. My mom graciously gave me some of hers.
'
I forgot to order my sister's chicken fried chicken but it was definitely one of the best chicken fried chickens I've ever had. The potatoes that came with it were tasty too.

So, I'm not sure how to feel after this brunch. The service alone was so bad that it makes me not want to come back and my meal was one of the most confusing (in a bad way) meals that I've had but my mom and sister's meals were really good. I guess that Wild Fork is very hit or miss. I probably won't come here any time soon.

On a random note- the paintings that were in the room when we ate there were really weird and definitely did not help my appetite. One had something that looked like pulled out teeth.. yeah bleck.

Wild Fork on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Napa Flats- Bad Service, Bad Food

I created another website!

Easy, Delicious Black-eyed Pea Soup