Gogi Gui- Tasty Tasty

I wanted to go to a new restaurant and then I read an article about Golgi Gui, so, I thought that I would snag a friend and would give it a try! Golgi Gui serves traditional Korean dishes as well as Korean fusion dishes (a mix of Korean food with other cuisine influences like American or Mexican food).

First off, this place was in kind of an odd place, so, if you are going here and are wondering, 'am I in the right place?', you probably are. It's in the middle of a kind of run down looking shopping mall but the inside is not run down.

We were quickly seated and we tried to order the Boba Tea (bubble tea). We were told that they were out. From what I gathered, they are out of it a lot. So, don't get your hopes up on getting Bubble tea here! We were then offered another alternative that was what the waitress said was 'similar'. She never said the name of this mysterious beverage but it was disgusting. It was sickly sweet and the flavors clashed and tasted wrong together. Boo.
Our gross alternative
My friend and I decided to order traditionally this time and so she ordered the short ribs and I ordered the beef bulgolgi. Both were served with rice and four sides called banchans. There was kimchi cabbage, seared tofu, kongnamul (bean sprouts in a sweet and slightly sour sauce) and sesame cabbage. The sides are suppose to be mixed in with the main meal to add different flavors.

My tasty beef
My beef was slightly sweet and really well seasoned. It was sooo tasty. I mixed some rice in the skillet to absorb the meaty tastyness. I went ahead and tried each banchan individually and then I mixed the ones that I liked in.

The kimchi cabbage was fermented and spicy. I personally don't like kimchi but my friend absolutely loved it. The seared tofu was meaty (I don't like the texture of tofu but the flavor was really nice). The sesame cabbage was hearty and refreshing. The kongnamul was my favorite one of the banchans. It was slightly sweet and tart. I added a ton of it and the sesame cabbage to my beef and they were really really good additions.

My friend's short ribs were also super tasty. They were hearty and tasty. She really enjoyed it a lot but because the short ribs had bones in them which made it difficult for her to eat.
Just so that you are aware- short ribs are just that, short. They don't have as much meat on them as a BBQ-type rib that most of us Okies are used to. So, don't be disappointed by the meat. The amount is about comparable to mine.

The service was prompt and friendly. I would definitely come here again. I love finding amazing and authentic places in Tulsa and Gogi Gui is tasty. Plus, you can bring friends who are not fans of authentic Korean cuisine because Gogi Gui has options like Korean-inspired tacos and burgers. Next time, I will definitely try the fusion food but our thoughts were if the traditional is good, the rest will be good too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Napa Flats- Bad Service, Bad Food

I created another website!

Easy, Delicious Black-eyed Pea Soup