Bamboo Thai Bistro- absolutely tasty curries

My friend and I are always on a search for good curry places. So, when my parents mentioned Bamboo Thai Bistro, we had to try it. Bamboo Thai Bistro is on the corner of 51st and Yale.

Conclusion- I really enjoy this restaurant; it is cozy, nice and has amazing curries. We didn't actually try any of their other offerings but man, the curries are special.

Parking- there is a parking lot right next to the restaurant.
Food allergies- no issues with my shellfish allergies
Gluten free- I don't think so. There is a lot of rice and noodles. I guess you could eat the curry sans rice.

Food- My friend ordered the yellow curry and I ordered the peanut curry. They asked us what we wanted for the spice level and I said medium and my friend said hot. I like that you can customize on the spicy level. They also brought out free soup.

Soup- Ok. This soup was a little different that I'm use to. It was almost sweet and sour. I honestly didn't like it but I can see why someone would.

Curries- 
My peanut curry
My peanut curry was fantastic. It was everything a peanut curry should be; it was slightly sweet, spicy, nutty and rich. It had bell peppers, carrots, bamboo shoots, onion and a mix of chicken, beef and pork. I will say that the medium spicy level was almost too much for me.  I'll definitely order the mild next time!

Friend's yellow curry was great but way too spicy for me. It had bell peppers, potatoes, bamboo shoots, onion and a mix of chicken, beef and pork. Although it was spicy, I could still taste the flavors so I will comment on those. The yellow curry had a gentle coconut flavor and was rich but a little more sweet and less hearty  than the peanut curry and not in a bad way!

Overall, at a lower spicy level, I would have a hard time choosing between the peanut and yellow curry. They both were so good but in completely different ways!

I know that I should come back here and try their other dishes, but, I know that I will keep getting curry. Curry is an addiction of mine and I just don't want to stop.

Service-
The service here was ok. The lady serving us was very nice but, anytime we needed to get her attention, she was talking with the other server. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I have a feeling that it is though.

Decor-
The restaurant is small and beautifully decorated. It is definitely very elegant and comfortable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Napa Flats- Bad Service, Bad Food

I created another website!

Easy, Delicious Black-eyed Pea Soup