Joe Momma's- Bland on Bland

A group of friends all decided to go out to Joe Momma's pizza tonight. I was really excited because I have not been to Joe Momma's before. There are mixed reviews online, so I wanted to find out for myself how Joe Momma's stacked up.

Conclusion- The place is so cool on the inside. Some of you may hate me for saying this but I can't lie. I wanted to like the food so much but it was insanely bland. Out of everything that I ate there, only one thing was OK. I am incredibly disappointed. I'm used to medium priced pizza's quality. This was worse than most low quality pizza.

Parking- Joe Momma's is located downtown, so, it was street parking for us.
Food Allergies- Shellfish N/A for Joe Momma's
Gluten free- They have a 10" gluten free crust that you can order.

I actually took pictures of the food but the food didn't even look good, so, I'm not going to waste my time; the point of pictures is that it shows off the food but there wasn't anything to show off here.

Food- 
We were all pretty hungry, so, we ordered Momma Bread, Mac and Cheese and a large half Oklahoman, half Natalie Portman.


Momma bread
 So, momma bread is essentially cheese sticks with marinara sauce. It came out and and actually looked pretty tasty. The bread itself was bland and dry and the cheese was flavorless. The marinara tasted like a generic too tart marinara with some extra basil added. Uhoh. This is a bad sign.

Mac and cheese
love a good mac and cheese more than you can imagine. I can always tell a good restaurant by their mac and cheese. My thought is, if I can cook it well, anyone can. Joe Momma's mac and cheese was horrible. The noodles were almost dried out, it was not warm and it tasted more like cream than cheese. The cheese that you did taste had the slimy consistency of Velveeta. It came with a side of bread sticks lightly sprinkled with Parmesan and I mean lightly. The Parmesan itself was too salty and tasted more like garlic powder than cheese. I gladly gave Luke these to eat.

Pizza
Ok. So the cheesy sticks were meh and the mac and cheese bombed. The pizza had to be better? Right? Well, yes and no. The Oklahoman was an alright BBQ pizza. I'm hesitant to say it was better than that because the food I  have experienced so far wasn't too great, so, it may have tasted better than it actually was. Even a dull light shines in complete darkness.  The BBQ sauce was good and it tasted good with the other toppings.  The Natalie Portman was bland. The veggies were fresh but there wasn't enough feta which would have added much needed flavor to the pizza.

Service-
The waiter at Joe Momma's was very friendly and personable although a table that got seated 10 minutes after us got their appetizer way before we did (that's a personal pet peeve of mine) and my water got close to empty a couple of times.

Decor-
This place is so neat looking. It's kind of art deco and it has a nice huge tv screen for sports that turns into a stage for bands! Super awesome location. I wish I had a reason to come back here..

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Napa Flats- Bad Service, Bad Food

I created another website!

Easy, Delicious Black-eyed Pea Soup